Explore the many features available to you in After Dark.
Choose a feature to learn more or run Quick Install to download and install After Dark and try any of these yourself.
- Code Analysis
- Test generated website HTML for problems.
- Code Highlighter
- Highlight code written in more than 160 languages.
- Error Page
- Give visitors a reason to stay when errors occur.
- Fetch Injection
- Load external scripts and styles with incredible speed.
- JIT Requests
- Maximize resources while minimizing external requests.
- Last Modified
- Help visitors understand when posts were last modified.
- Lazy Loading
- Defer loading of images, iframes and scripts.
- Post Bylines
- Create human and machine readable bylines in posts.
- Post Images
- Add large hero images without touching an image editor.
- Content Security Policy
- Control resources the user agent is allowed to load.
- Ephemeral Hosting
- Briefly expose your site to the Internet over SSH with encryption.
- Referrer Policy
- Specify how much info is passed to external links.
- Release Hashes
- Verify you are using genuine After Dark software.
- Work Offline
- Build and run your entire site without Internet access.
- Custom Homepage
- Hide the blog and specify how content is shown.
- Custom Layouts
- Customize layouts without modifying theme source.
- Custom Styles
- Modify theme styles for complete design control.
- Skin Styles
- Choose one of eight customizable skin styles.
- Share code between Shortcodes and Custom Layouts.
- SVG Favicon
- Decorate your site with a unique SVG favicon.
- Trim Color
- Define the color used to display borders around your site.
- Extended Builds
- Build Hugo with Sass and Go CDK Deploy support.
- Module System
- Enhance site functionality with add-on modules.
- Online Help
- Complete self-hosted help guide and example website.
- Quick Install
- One command is all you need to start a new website.
- Upgrade Script
- Check for After Dark updates and upgrade effortlessly.
- Featured Posts
- Display your favorite blog posts front-and-center.
- Fuzzy Search
- Quickly locate indexed content anywhere on the site.
- Link Typing
- Explicitly indicate relationships between documents.
- Related Content
- Promote more of your content to your site's visitors.
- Section Menu
- Display a contextual site-wide navigation with links.
- Table of Contents
- Quickly locate information in longer posts.
- Taxonomy Pages
- Navigate the site using author-defined taxonomies.
- Index Blocking
- Define pages to prevent them from appearing in search.
- Keywords Meta
- Add semantic detail regarding content subject matter.
- Structured Data
- Give search engines rich info about site structure.
- Web Feeds
- Share RSS feeds with full-content and optional enclosures.
- Webmaster Tools
- Test and submit your site with popular search engines.
- Instant Views
- Instantly preview your content from within Telegram.
- Social Meta
- Share links with images on Facebook and Twitter.